Friday, November 19, 2010

Carrells vs the car


This November has not been the month that we were hoping for. Its has literary sucked for us. I hit the fire hydrant for the second time, the first was with my Dad's truck. I popped the tire on the back really good. The second time , I thought to myself that I didn't hit the fire hydrant good enough last time that I wound to hit it again and make some really good damage. I took the hole bumper off the back, pretty good.
Through all of this I think that Scott was missing out. He wanted to have his fun, you know Scott he wants to be the center of attention. One night on his way home a cop pulled him over and asked how many drinks he had that night. Scott said, " I just got off  work for the church." The cop said, "Right, That's a new one". and went back to his cop car and then came back and let Scott on his way. 2 nights later when Scott is coming home on the State Road 73 in Eagle Mountain when he hit a deer.The front of the car is gone. 
Now we have front and back end damage to our car. On top of that we got a call from Scott's mom that the cops are looking for a white Chrysler with front end damage so don't drive that car. The sad thing in all of this is that all of this took place in just a week.
While this is not how I imaged November being, I have to say November is the month for Thanks. I give thanks that through this whole time Scott, the Kids and I didn't get hurt and that we are safe. For all the help that we have gotten from Scott's sister Lindsay and PJ for coming out to our house to looking at the car and to bring a needed supply of Dr. Pepper to help calm my nerves, and that funny shot glass for Scott. Scott's parents and my parents for just being there to help. 
But the best part in all of this a family in are ward that gave us there car. Not even knowing that all of this happen to us. We didn't tell anyone anything that all of this happen in just a week. So I feel like the Lord is really helping us.     

The back of the car. This is my damage.

Every single snap broke.

Just more broken snaps

Lindsay and PJ found this for Scott on there trip to Moab.

This is where the Deer attacked Scott. One point for the deer. Scott never did find the Deer.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I was meaning to call and ask about the FB status post about Scott drinking!!! I'm bummed to hear about all the car drama. I have a love-hate relationship with cars.